Family Based Immigration

A Glimmer of Hope for Some Undocumented Immigrants?

January 19, 2012

Good news for individuals that entered the country illegally.  The Obama administration has announced plans to allow some aliens to shorten their immigration process. In essence, the alien can apply for the I-601 “Extreme Hardship” waiver in the United States and have the waiver in hand before returning to their home country to enter the United States through […]

Read the full article →

Family Based Immigration: Becoming a Legal Permanent Resident

July 31, 2011

A U.S. citizen can file a petition for the following relatives:  Husband or wife; Children, married or unmarried. A U.S. citizen who is at least 21 years or older may also petition for the following relatives: Parents; Brothers or sisters. A U. S. Citizen may also petition for their fiancé(e). A permanent resident of the […]

Read the full article →